Adventure Guide Application
Welcome to the Mimmy Adventure’s application site!
This page can be used to submit your application to be an adventure guide in 3 simple steps:
1. Fill in the short application survey
2. Watch the example video to understand what we are after
3. Submit a short application video to show us what you could bring to Mimmy adventure (1-5 minutes)
What is Mimmy Adventure?
Mimmy adventure is a 10 minute zoom session used to allow kids the chance to grow an International mindset. Through the adventures you as guides create, the kids have a chance to use English in real life, learn about the world outside their home country and more importantly have fun doing so. Each adventure is hosted by the guide (you) as well as a puppet (our side), who helps keep the kids focused, helps kids to understand difficult words and facilitates participation.
Our adventures should be:
3) Get the kids to participate themselves rather than just being shown something
When are the adventures?
Our website allows you check what time are available and simply book the slots you are free (each slot is 10 minutes)
Adventures are held weekdays between 4-8pm in JST (Japanese standard time). We also host Saturday morning adventures in JST
Before applying please check the time difference between Japan and your country to ensure you are available at least a few of the time slots.
You can do up to 8 adventures per week as long as the content is different for each one.
What is the pay?
You are paid per adventure, for 20 minutes of your time (10 minutes adventure, 10 minutes to practice by yourself and log into zoom ready)
Pay increases depending on how many participants join. Per adventure it will be between 1000 – 2200 JPY
(This is $8.7 – $19 USD at the time of publishing November 24th 2021). This will be based on:
- 1000 JPY / adventure
- 60 JPY / customer (max 20 / adventure)
As an example: 10 adventures with 10 customers each would = 16000 JPY
What adventures can I do?
The theme of the adventures can basically be anything as long as it’s fun, and full of interaction.
Some examples are:
Doing magic with the kids, showing them how to do arts/crafts, participation based performance, building lego together, showing them how to do something (like juggling etc), playing interactive games.
here are the adventures we are hosting this week:
The list is endless. Here are some examples:
Ready to apply?
Apply now in 2 simple steps:
1) Fill in a short application survey
2) Upload a short video and check your internet connection is fast enough.
1) Please fill in this application form:
(skip this stage if already done)
2) Now it’s time to upload your video.
(Please do within 5 days of step 1)
- Please use your name as the file name so it’s easy for us to find your video from the list.
- Please be sure to speak slowly and clearly so non native kids would be able to understand.
- Ensure the kids can join in rather than just be shown something.
- Keep interaction high with simple questions/listen and repeat etc. (imagine the kids are with you and speak to them even if there will be no response).
Although your content will be completely different, this video shows the speech speed and interaction we are after:
We need to know that your internet connection is above 30mbps if the adventure is done away from your home. Please send a screenshot (to the same google drive) of the location on a map, as well as a screenshot of the internet speed from this website, taken at the location of your video, it should also use your name as the file name plus the words “connection check”:
We will review your application and get back to you. If we like your content and ideas we will invite you to a short zoom interview. After that, training will also be via zoom where we show you how to use our system and practice your adventure. You are then free to make bookings. Your 1st adventure will be with non-paying attendees just in case there are any issues with connection etc (this will be paid at the base rate of 1000 yen).